New Computer Systems
Our standard limited warranty applies to any new computer system purchased from us for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase. We offer other warranties which extend this time and service contracts which enhance the warranty service; both of which are sold at additional cost. The standard warranty is a carry-in warranty, which means it is your responsibility to get the system (or part) to us. Although we offer onsite service, a service fee will apply if we are asked to come to your place, even if the actual repair is covered under the warranty.
The way this works:
You get the part or system to us. Normally, we want to see the computer without any other peripheral parts, unless they might be involved. If we can determine before you get it to us if another part (such as a keyboard) is at fault, we will authorize sending or bringing only the component required. If the component is part of the main computer, sometimes we will authorize sending or bringing in just the offending component, but this is up to our sole discretion and determination. You must obtain authorization before you bring in your system or component.
- We examine the system or part and determine the nature of the problem.
- We communicate with you as to the nature of the problem, and whether or not the problem is covered under the warranty.
- If the problem is covered, we make the repair and call you to pick it up. There is no charge for labor or the part. If you are out of the area and had to send it to us, we will return it via insured delivery service at no cost to you.
- If the problem is NOT covered, you will be charged a bench fee to determine the problem, and if you want the problem repaired, our normal charges will apply. Please contact us for prevailing rates at that time.
- Any parts replaced will retain warranty coverage for the time remaining in the original warranty. Repair or replacement of parts will be determined by us. Sometimes we used certified refurbished parts in warranty repairs. Rest assured that we only use parts of equal or greater quality to those originally installed.
This warranty covers the following:
- Failure of system to function normally under normal conditions
- Failure of a component in the system to perform normally
- Failure of the system to function normally due to a defect in workmanship
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Damage or failure due to misuse or neglect.
- Damage resulting from modification of the original system configuration.
- Problems resulting from software installed or modified after the purchase.
- Software performance or suitability to a particular task.
- Disks or media in general.
- Damage or failure as a result from terrorism, flood, lightning, riots or acts of God.
Limitations of liability
We will not be responsible for any of the following:
- Loss of your time or money due to a malfunction
- Costs incurred to you due to a malfunction
- Costs incurred by a third party in connection with the malfunction
- Losses or costs due to your computer being in our facility for repair
- Costs associated with getting your equipment in for repair
- Legal costs incurred as a result of a malfunction
- Medical costs incurred as a result of a malfunction
Individual components used are covered by their own manufacturer’s warranty.